Did you know there is a supplement you can take after birth that:
• Is completely safe for your nursing baby?
• Can significantly decrease postpartum bleeding?
• Helps your uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size within a couple of weeks?
• Enriches your milk and ensures an abundant supply?
• Smooths out the postpartum hormonal “crash”?
• Can prevent or reduce postpartum depression, naturally and safely?
• Can be taken for PMS, Menopause, or other hormonal imbalances?
• Was made by your body, and is therefore able to specifically address your hormonal and physical needs after giving birth?
It’s Your Placenta!
We offer Placenta encapsulation at The Red Tent through a certified placenta encapsulation specialist.
The Red Tent Encapsulation Service includes:
• Pick-up of placenta(s) to be encapsulated – We use only Vegan ,Kosher capsules
• The full placenta preparation and encapsulation process
• Proper storage container of the completed placenta capsules
• Written instructions for proper storage and handling of the finished placenta pills
• Suggestions for ingestion amounts
• Delivery of the finished placenta pills to the client
Mother Tincture (6 weeks)
*Please inquire about available discounts.
The placenta is composed of beneficial hormones, chemicals, iron, and proteins. These healing substances include:
Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone:Contributes to mammary gland development in preparation for lactation; stabilizes postpartum mood; regulates post-birth uterine cramping.
Prolactin: Promotes lactation; increases milk supply; enhances the mothering instinct.
Oxytocin: Decreases pain and increases bonding in mother and infant; counteracts the production of stress hormones such as Cortisol; greatly reduces postpartum bleeding; enhances the breastfeeding let-down reflex.
Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor (POEF): Stimulates the production of your body’s natural opioids, including endorphins; reduces pain; increases well-being.
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: Regulates the thyroid gland; boosts energy.
Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH): Regulation of CRH helps prevent depression.
Cortisone: Reduces inflammation and swelling; promotes healing.
Interferon: Triggers the protective defenses of the immune system to fight infection.
Prostaglandins: Regulates contractions in the uterus after birth; helps uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size.
Iron: Replenishes maternal iron stores to combat anemia. Increases energy; decreases fatigue and depression.
Hemoglobin: Oxygen-carrying molecule which provides a boost in energy.
Urokinase Inhibiting Factor and Factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing.
Immunoglobulin G (IgG): Antibody molecules which support the immune system.
Human Placental Lactogen (hPL): This hormone has lactogenic and growth-promoting properties; promotes mammary gland growth in preparation for lactation in the mother. It also regulates maternal glucose, protein, and fat levels.
Your placenta is dehydrated, ground into a powder and placed into capsules. The tincture is made by placing a piece of raw placenta into alcohol and steeping for 6 weeks.
We strive for a 48 hr turnaround but depending on volume can take as little as 24 hrs or as long as 72 hrs. An average placenta produces 80-120 capsules but every placenta is unique.
Simply ask your care provider for it after birth. If at the hospital, they may request that you sign a waiver to release it to you. We can provide a bag for you to place it in prior to pick up. Pick up is available within a 15-mile radius of The Red Tent. Additional charges may apply outside that radius.
Absolutely. The only consideration is if a placenta needs to be taken to pathology. If they can take a piece and keep the remaining placenta intact, we can work with it. If it is fully taken to pathology we cannot guarantee it was not treated with preservatives and would not be able to process it.